Tuesday 19 May 2015

1920's velvet

Hello, hope you have all been having a good week. Just a quick post today, to share an outfit I wore the other week. It's a reworking of one I shared last year. I decided this time around to tone down the colours. I have also been experimenting with curling my hair. It is proving quite successful.

Blouse: Cream, sheer, Country Road
Skirt: Brown velvet, opshop
Blazer: Green velvet, vintage
Hat: Brown felt, opshop
Shoes: Nice new brown heeled laceup boots
Scarf: vintage

I was really happy with this outfit, and I think it made me look very 1920's, about to go for a hunt at an English garden party!

Have yu ever had success changing up a previous outfit combination?

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely ensemble. That cloche hat is such a classic stunner! I really like the look of cloches, but they're flat out atrocious on me (I actually can't think of a least flattering hat style for myself), so I don't own a single one. I hold out hope though that somewhere there's a cloche I won't look frighteningly bad in, but so far I haven't tried it on.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your wonderfully nice comment on yesterday's post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou very much Jessica :) This is actually the only hat I own/have been able to get to fit my head, but seeing so many lovely vintage hats, especially on your blog, has made me determined to track some more down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look. A cloche hat was the first thing I bought with my first ever pay packet. I lived I in Brighton (UK) with an old fashioned department store with a section selling hats where you sat in front of a mirror and a sales lady brought you hats to try! I spent all my earnings in one go. I thought I was very kooky and cool!!!!! Ah the early nineties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ensemble looks great and I love the hat on you!

    ReplyDelete