I've done a smidgeon of pattern drafting over the years, usually fiddling around with pre-existing patterns, and the most I've done was with my wedding dress skirt, which took a number of attempts to get right. A few months ago, I just decided to jump in. I got out my Simplicity 6862 basic fore gore skirt pattern and using that as the block I spent a couple of hours drawing yokes, adding and removing seam allowances, and working out how to sew the pleats. I then made it up in some navy, and it worked! I was so relieved. The brown skirt followed soon after. So that's the story of the pattern I've christened the Ella skirt. I'll be back next week with a post detailing construction etc, as the beauty of this skirt is in the details.
The blouse is yet another Smooth Sailing in a rayon that started life as a 1980's opshop dress made in Indonesia. I have very little to add about this pattern, other than I still love it and cannot see myself stopping making it any time soon.
Thanks to my sister for the photo!