Sunday 11 October 2015

Liebster Award

I was nominated by Beth at Sewing Soothes the Soul for the Liebster Award. I'm going to share eleven random facts about myself. Instead of nominating a few other bloggers, I'm going to leave it open if anyone wants to pick it up for themselves; there's simply too many blogs I enjoy to pick and choose!

1. I study medieval history, and only handed in my honours thesis last week. I am now deciding what to pursue next year.

2. I am a dedicated coffee drinker (who also drinks tea), and I love nothing more than a good cappuccino. Luckily Sydney has a very good coffee culture, which is something I missed a lot when in Europe.

3. I have a novel draft written based on a very dense fictional genealogy I have developed.

4. I have scoliosis, which is a curvature of the spin. I got to wear a very uncomfortable plastic back brace for a year when I was 12 to stop it getting any more out of alignment.

5. I was bitten by a red belly black snake when I was fourteen months old.

6. I collect vintage china

7. My Dad passed away from cancer when I was 14. It was the worst experience of my life, but I am so grateful for the time I had with him

8. I met my husband in my second week of university, during a getting to know you exercise in a tutorial.

9. As a kid my favourite books were Enid Blyton, then I discovered Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters, and quickly became a devoted fan of classic literature.

10. Though I am Australian I have never felt much connection to my own country, instead I am a devoted Anglophile. I love English history, literature, countryside, architecture, culture etc. Getting to finally visit the UK on my honeymoon was a dream come true. We are planning on moving there in a few years.

11. I collect vintage crockery. Like my fabric collection,I unabashedly love florals of all sorts, especially the vintage sort.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the blog award. You were bitten by a snake, how scary. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Luckily I was too young to remember, and no damage was done

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, how incredibly frightening that you were bitten by a snake at such a young age. Thank the universe that you pulled through it!

    I'm a huge anglophile, too. Historically we had many elements of English (and Scottish) culture in Canada, and still do to a degree, but we haven't been a chip off the ol' Motherland block for a long time now in most respects.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete